New for 2023, we are thrilled to announce the long awaited return of our "Models Weekend"...
Over the weekend of 19th & 20th August, join us at Market Bosworth for a display of model railways from N to 5" scale, miniature steam traction engines, Lego Harry Potter display, latest models from Bachmann Europe and more TBC...
Full-size trains will be running to the standard timetable during the weekend.
Hot & cold refreshment's, including licensed bar serving real ale, available on-site.
A free bus service from Nuneaton to Market Bosworth will operate throughout the weekend (see bottom of page for further details).
Show opening times:
Saturday 19th; 10:30 - 16:00
Sunday 20th; 10:30 - 16:00
Event Only Admission Prices:
Adult (16+) :- £4.00
Senior (65+) :- £4.00
Children (Age 3-15) :- £4.00 and receive a free lunch box!
Children (Age <3) :- Free admission
Event Admission & All-Day Train Travel Combined Prices:
Adult (16+) :- £14.50
Senior (65+) :- £11.50
Children (Age 3-15) :- £7.50 and receive a free lunch box!
Family (2 Adults & 3 Children) :- £35.00 and each child will receive a free lunch box!
Children (Age <3) :- Free admission
- "Martin Street" Finescale O gauge layout depicting the transition era of British Railways, with a mix of steam and diesel locomotives working freight and passenger services (courtesy of Market Bosworth MRS)
- "Pen-Y-Bont" Live steam, 32mm narrow gauge layout with real plants featured in the scenery, as featured in Garden Railway magazine earlier this year (courtesy of Steve Howard)
- "Cowley Yard" 7mm scale shunting layout set in the mid 60's (courtesy of William Plant)
- "Snowy River Rail Road" American outline On30 layout (courtesy of Daventry MRC)
- "Ella Road" OO gauge modern image TMD (courtesy of Alan Maclachlan)
- "Marston Jabbett" Portrayal of a North Midlands N-gauge mainline (courtesy of Anker Railway Modelling Society)
- "Roofers Lane" N gauge layout (courtesy of South Wigston MRC)
- "Wheal Kist" OO-9 granite & china clay quarry set in the 70's/80's (courtesy of Darren Carter)
- "The Perfect Table Railway" Hornby Dublo from the Fifties & Sixties (courtesy of Ray Poxon & The Hornby Railway Collectors Association)
- "North Rokeby" OO & OO-9 industrial town in the days of steam (courtesy of Heart of England Narrow Gauge Modellers)
- "Norman Colliery" Impressive O gauge 70's/80's colliery layout (courtesy of Geoff Brain)
- "Ashbridge" OO gauge NSE station & yard set in the 1980's & 1990's (courtesy of Mark Miller)
- "Rush Green Colliery" OO gauge colliery layout depicting a typical scene from the 1960's (courtesy of Alex Rushton)
- Vintage Tri-ang railways & Minic Motorways Great layout with fun for all ages (courtesy of David White)
- Large Scale Demonstation A collection of 5" locomotives operating on our demonstration line
- Thomas & Friends An extensive G-scale garden railway with all your favorite characters
- Bachmann Europe PLC See the latest models on display from the new Autumn 2023 announcements
- Ravenstone Model Railways New & used OO and N gauge
- Thunderbolt Models New & used model railways
- John Sutton Models Extensive selection of books and garden railway equipment for sale
- Bomber County Models New & used model railways
- Shackerstone Station Shop The latest model railway items in OO and O gauge from Bachmann, Hornby, Accurascale & Dapol
Societies & Other Displays:
- Lego Harry Potter Display An extensive display depicting the world of Harry Potter made from the worlds favorite bricks
- Rail Riders The railway club for everyone!
- Miniature traction engines A number of engines will be in steam around the site all weekend
- The Battlefield Line Railway Museum Historical items from the Shackerstone Museum
- Shackerstone Railway Society Why not join the society that owns and operates The Battlefield Line Railway?
- Driver for a fiver using battery-electric locomotive "Spondon No1" Opportunity to drive a full size railway engine for a short distance (extra fee payable, over 18's only, terms and conditions apply)
Driver for a fiver!